Lisa shares one of her recipes with the Canadian Press.
Full story available @ Metronews.ca
1. Remove sausages from casings and crumble. In a large skillet over high heat, brown sausage. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Wipe the fat out of the pan.
2. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente (if using rigatoni or orecchiette, cook for 8 minutes; if using penne, cook for 9 minutes).
3. Heat olive oil and garlic in wiped-out skillet over medium-high heat until garlic is golden.
4. Add broccoli rabe, red pepper flakes and salt and cook for 5 minutes, stirring a few times.
5. Add sausage and butter and cook over high heat for 5 minutes, stirring a few times.
6. Drain pasta, reserving 250 ml (1 cup) of the cooking water and transfer pasta to skillet.
7. Mix well, adding water if pasta seems too dry. Pour into a large warm serving bowl, sprinkle cheese over top and serve.
8 to 10 portions
• 1 kg (2 lb) Italian sausage
• 1 kg (2 lb) rigatoni, penne or orecchiette
• 250 ml (1 cup) extra-virgin olive oil
• 6 cloves garlic, crushed into a paste
• 1.5 g (3 lb) broccoli rabe, stems trimmed and cut into
2.5-cm (1-inch) pieces
• 5 ml (1 tsp) red pepper flakes
• 5 ml (1 tsp) sea salt
• 60 ml (4 tbsp/1/2 stick) unsalted butter
• 250 ml (1 cup) grated Pecor- ino Romano